Activity Calendar

Things to do

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Musical Playground with Paula Lund



I recently had the privileged of taking one of Paula Lund's Musical Playground classes. After having taken the class I knew I had to share this experience with other parents.


Music and Movement classes are for newborns to 8 years old.
Children are encouraged to; 
  • Enjoy the wide variety of instruments provided as well as cleverly themed props to accompany the traditional and multi-cultural music
  • Jump, skip, run, roll, wiggle and dance
  • Explore, discover, create
  • Play, laugh, giggle, tell a story
  • Smile, cuddle and bond with parent or caregiver

I asked Paula "What made you start the class"?

"When I first moved to the Ottawa area my husband was deployed to Afghanistan.  With two small children at home I had 10 months to explore a new career.  I have always been musical and my children loved attending to Kindermusik classes.  I saw Kindermusik as a great way to start and completed the course.  After a year of offering classes in my home I decided it was time to expand my business and offer music at external locations. Kindermusik was a wonderful starting off point for me.  After three years of Kindermusik I created Musical Playground". 


Are there classes right now people can register for?

1. Anyone can register at the Pinecrest Early Years Centre and Kanata Early Years Centre.  This is a free program but it fills up fast.  

Linda Denny
Children and Family Services
Pinecrest Queensway Community Health Centre
1365 Richmond Road
Ottawa, Ontario
K2B 6R7
phone:1-613-820-4922 ext 3342

Colleen A. Taylor, RECE
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre,
Children’s Community Developer,
2 MacNeil Court,
Kanata, On K2L 4H7
613.591.3686 x 228
613.591.2501 fax
taylora@wocrc.ca
www.wocrc.ca



2. The Military Family Resource Centre in Uplands and the Kanata Legion offers my program as well.  Look for Little Mozart.  This class is offered to Military families but is open to civilian families as well.

DORIS JORDAN
Child & Youth Manager
Gestionnaire des programmes d'enfants et d'adolescents
MFRC-NCR/CRFM-RCN
613-998-4844
capp@mfrc-ncr.org
www.familyforce.ca

3. I also offer a program at my home studio near Manotick.  The cost for this 10 week program is a flat rate of $100 for the family up to three children.  

4. Parents can also register to offer a musical "Play Date".  Stay at home parents can have a weekly play date in their home.  This way children are offer a music class and parents can visit.  It's the best of both worlds.  The cost is $75 per class.  You can have as many classes as you would like and invite as many friends to help cover the cost.  Musical Play dates are very popular these days.  Its a great way to create a program in your neighbourhood.  This program is also offered to home daycare providers.

5.Birthdays and Other Special Events. Your child and their birthday party guests will enjoy singing and dancing to catchy tunes and have many opportunities to explore many different instruments and props.  Each party is 45 minutes long that may include instrument exploration, parachutes games, streamer fun, pretend play, gertie balls, drums and much more.  You can ask for a customized theme for your birthday party if you can't find the one you are looking for.

Musical Playground
Inter-Active Birthday Parties for Children
Special Events
Classes
613-489-1635
paulalund@shaw.ca
www.kindermusik-with-paula-lund.com





No comments:

Post a Comment