Activity Calendar

Things to do

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Homemade Paint Review

This is the paint recipe that I had found and shared.


Ok, so I tried this out and this is what it looks like:

It technically works, however, it was very gritty and when it dries, it left a chalky residue and that was it. 

I assumed the salt was causing the grit, so I boiled the water first and lowered the amount of salt. 
I tried
-1cup boiled water
-1cup of flour
-1/4 cup of salt

Mix the salt with the boiled water until it dissolves, then I added the flour slowly until it made a nice paint consistency. 



The left is the original recipe and the right is the one with the reduced salt. This is a good alternative, but it still does not have the exact consistency of store bought paint. This would be great for children who are still in the habit of eating everything they touch :) Good luck and please share any alternatives in the comments below. 
Happy Painting


No comments:

Post a Comment