Activity Calendar

Things to do

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Strollercise and Fitness with Jules


Mom and Baby Fitness 

I recently had the privilege of speaking with Jules Hilliker from Fitness with Jules and the ever popular Strollercise Program at Boomerang Kids.
I asked Jules; "What gave you the idea to incorporate children into the fitness routines?

"When I had my first baby 21 years ago I weighed 310 pounds, did not know anyone in Ottawa and had no idea where to turn for help. I had waited 9 months to meet my baby and I was not ready to leave him with someone else while I tried to exercise. I knew what I wished was out there, for women like me, so I decided since I couldn't find it, I would create it. I wanted to combine my desire to finally get fit, my need to be with my new baby and my hope for cool socializing into one activity. I spent a year researching everything I could on exercise and nutrition, and with my baby at my side ended my lifelong struggle with obesity. I became a certified personal trainer and specialized in pre and post natal fitness. I have spent the last twelve years creating super fun, safe and effective venues for Moms to get fit and hang out with their children and I LOVE it!!  "


A little about the Mommy and Baby fitness workouts that Jules offers:


Strollercise

Strollercise is a free 1-hr fitness program offered by Boomerang Kids. It is offered 5 mornings a week May through October and 1 day a week (Bank St. location) all year round.This is a mom and baby class, so you will need a carrier, stroller or tummy to walk, run and jog along with other moms and moms to be.When you arrive at the Boomerang location with your baby simply sign in at the cash desk. Bring a water bottle and comfortable and weather appropriate clothing and shoes. The class goes rain or shine but is cancelled  if the weather forecast is calling for +30C or – 30C.
You can follow the program on facebook (http://www.boomerangkids.com/strollercise/)


STROLLERCISE SCHEDULE

LOCATION
DAYS
TIME
BANK STREET
Year round
Mon
10:15
1615 ORLEANS BLVD
Starts again May 2014
Tues
10:15
Barrhaven 3777 Strandherd
Stars again May 2014
Wed
10:00
255 RICHMOND RD
Thurs
10:15
700 EAGLESON RD
Starts again May 2014
Fri 
10:15


Mom and Baby First Fitness & Mom and Baby Outdoor Bootcamp

Mom and Baby fitness classes combine specifically designed cardio strength and core exercises to get participants into better than before baby shape!
Jules teaches at many venues across the city and prices per class vary depending on locations (average class is $13). For more information on times and locations please visit http://www.fitnesswithjules.com or https://www.facebook.com/fitnesswithjules. I will be attending some classes really soon, hope to see you there :)



No comments:

Post a Comment