Activity Calendar

Things to do

Monday, February 24, 2014

Infant and Toddler Sleep Seminar-FREE



Developing Healthy Sleep Habits for Babies & Toddlers, Wed. Feb. 26, 10-11:30am, free

"Are you exhausted? Are you up multiple times per night with your baby? Are you frustrated that you baby won't nap longer than 45 minutes? Is your baby waking up crying and still tired? Join us for a free talk by sleep consultant, Sarah Mitchell of Helping Babies Sleep. This talk will provide you with information on creating health sleep habits for your infant and toddler. Short naps, frequent night wakes, early morning wake ups and poor sleep associations will be discussed, with the goal of getting you and your baby more sleep.
About Sarah: I am a mother of two children, and my first child would not sleep. I read all the recommended books out there and found a lot of theory, but not much to put into practice. Ultimately I used my academic training to research our sleep issue and formulated a plan to put into place. I now have two good sleepers, and have helped hundreds of families improve their quality of life. I have a Bachelor of Kinesiology Degree and a Doctor of Chiropractic. I understand the anatomy and physiology behind sleep and have a strong understanding about health and child development.
My talk will cover:
- the importance of sleep associations and sleep cues
- creating a positive sleep environment
- creating a consistent bedtime routine
- catching the "sleep window"
- types of sleep training techniques"
Register in online, by phone (613-798-8950 ext. 0) or in person at 411 Dovercourt Ave, Ottawa, or online with course code 91547

No comments:

Post a Comment